Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Well, this was a surprise.

So, the part that was totally rusted on my deathtrap of a car was recalled by Hyundai recently. So I called up Hyundai to let them know that the recall was a little too late for me and my wretched junker and, get this, they're actually going to pay for the repairs. They're not even going to make me push the thing to a Hyundai dealer. They're going to let me send them the bill from the auto shop where it is now, and they're going to reimburse me. Can you believe that? Neither can I.

My mother says I have to stop badmouthing them now, but I say the car is crap and it almost killed me and I will continue to badmouth as I see fit.

However, I must say there was quite the vehement reaction to all this car news when I announced it at a family dinner last night. And the reaction was a general, "Oh for pity's sake, does anything ever not work out for you?" (And to that question I say, "Yes! My crap car needed a new engine! I'm prone to bumping into doorways when I walk! Germany is creeping up on us in the medal count!" But okay, for the most part life proceeds delightfully.)

Anyway, Linda immediately jumped on the phone to tell Giz so he could roll his eyes. My mom said, "I was wondering how you'd come out smelling like a rose after this, but you always come out smelling like a rose." Brian just laughed and shook his head. But that's because he's still not over the delays, early dismissals, and cancellations we get at work. Sorry, Bri.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You are the luckiest person that I know. Too bad your luck doesn't run off on your friends.