Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Do you hear the popstars sing?

So, this week at Trivia (where we’re still womping the competition, BTW) Jess, Melis, and I discovered that we had all been watching the 25th Anniversary Les Miserables in concert that PBS was showing the night before. We all agreed it was delightful and the musical is amazing and we’re shocked it’s been 25 years since its debut. Then followed this conversation:

Melis: (incredulously) Did you see who Marius was? It was Nick Jonas.

Ali: You know what? I thought that. I thought, “The new Marius looks like one of those Jonas boys, but surely he can’t actually be one of those Jonas boys because, well, obviously.”

Melis: Well, he was. He’s Nick Jonas.

Ali: Are you certain about that? That doesn’t seem right.

Melis: Allison, it was Nick Jonas.

Ali: I’m just going to check to be sure.

(looks up article on Google)

Ali: Oh my, you’re right! It was. It was indeed Nick Jonas!

Melis: You didn’t believe me?

Ali: I wanted to check.

Melis: You didn’t believe me.

Ali: I thought perhaps you had a read an article in which someone said, “Gee, the new Marius looks a lot like Nick Jonas” and you, being tired and bleary-eyed, got confused.

Melis: No.

Ali: I thought that scenario was more plausible than Nick Jonas actually being the new Marius.

Melis: You didn’t believe me!

Ali: It’s Nick Jonas!

Melis: (gives me the hairy eyeball)

So, that went well. Also, after that conversation, I’m dangerously close to being able to tell the Jonas Brothers apart. I’m not sure what to do with that.


I KNOW, right?


This was my favorite part: the curtain call where four Valjeans (including the original, Colm Wilkinson)
sang "Bring Him Home" together.

No comments: