Sunday, March 6, 2011

One more step away from slackerdom...


Today Mom finally taught me to make sauce. I suppose it was high time I stopped getting my sauce fix at my parents' house and just learned to do this on my own. I am, at least in theory, an adult.

You know that wonderful aroma that fills the house when you walk in and your mom's making a big batch of sauce? I will now be able to replicate that childhood bliss in my own home. So that's awesome.

Laziness accusations in the comments from cousins who have been doing this for years already or those who just like to be snarky (I'm looking right at you, James) are unnecessary. I am fully aware of my indolence.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I still have to learn how to make sauce, so you're one up on me there.

Linda said...

I made sauce today. On my own stove. Which apparently you did not. The clean up is the hard part of making spaghetti sauce. I hope you stuck around for that :P

Ali said...

I most certainly did stick around, although I have to say, there's not too much clean-up when you're cooking with Diane. She and I are both "clean as you go" cooks. Not that I'm calling you a messy cook...or, I don't know, maybe I am.

Can I still come to visit this weekend?

Linda said...

I am a "clean as you go" cook simply because Grandma was not. I never thought that was a smart move so I was determined to clean up quickly. However it is difficult to wash pots while they are on the stove cooking the sauce. Just sayin'

Your visit this weekend may be jeopardized for several reasons, not the least of which was your thinly veiled implication that I keep a kitchen whose cleanliness is questionable. Not your smartest move.

Ali said...

Oh, I assumed you meant more than just the two pots you're using to make the sauce, because that doesn't seem that hard to me. The cutting board, knives, etc. you can wash while you're cooking, which I totally love, especially since I am dishwasherless. It's no way to live, really.