Sunday, March 27, 2011

I love the smell of pizza and wings in the evening. Smells like victory.


Tonight we squared off against the three other teams to make the Trivia Final and we came away victorious! It was a really nice evening. The Windber Hotel treated all of us to a delicious pizza and wing buffet (yum city) and all the other teams were gracious, polite opponents. Awesomely, no cheater teams made the final.

This was a competition where our whole team pulled together to bring the win. Some highlights of the night were Travis whipping out the answer "sublimation" for a science question (yeah, I have no idea) and Brian burying his pain over Carolina's loss to Kentucky to answer a Datsun car question.

And I may regret this, but let me just announce to the world that the name of the ocean liner in The Love Boat was the Pacific Princess. Remember that. That question gets asked a lot in trivia contests and board games, and it netted us our first point of the evening.

"Love, exciting and new... Come aboard, we're expecting yoooouuuuuuuu...."

4 comments:

Linda said...

It's cool that Brian is not a "boycotter". You may have had to eat pizza with a side of crow.
Pacific Princess...yea, it gets deposited into my memory bank but seldom gets withdrawn.

Ali said...

That may be a direct result of your refusal to play trivia-based games with your nieces and nephews.

Kristen said...

If there had been a different ending to this trivia saga I would have been sorely disappointed. Congratulations!! And I am thrilled none of those cheater teams made it through.

Linda said...

When will you ever learn...I do not eschew trivia per se. After all my mind is a vast reservoir of semi-useless knowledge. It is decade trivia that I abhor and "I may safely say that I will never stand up to play it".
A bit of a stretch...also notice that I was able to use the word abhor, but it was never my intention.